Unless you belong to this family, apparently.
Today we decided to end our China adventure with a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland because hey, you all know how I love The Mouse. ;-)
This is what I learned today:
(1) You can buy dried Korean squid right next to the Mickey Bucket O' Caramel Corn. Also, you can get some seriously delicious food at the River Cafe in Adventureland.
(2) Climbing walls is way more fun than anything else in the park. Whenever we looked for Beatrix Nan Yu today, 9 times out of 1o we found her clinging to a wall or ledge of some sort.
(3) Cast members give out an unlimited number of stickers to the kids. You see a cast member, you get a sticker. Beatrix was covered head-to-toe in them by the end of the day, and Olivia used hers to decorate a few unsuspecting backs.
(4) Beatrix LOVED It's a Small World. When I took her on it a second time, she ran down the ramp, hung onto the railing, and jumped up and down in excitement until the gate opened and we could go in. After, she refused to budge from the boat. When I finally pried her out, she ran out and around and into the ride again. Subtle she is not.
(5)March 17th is the perfect day to go to Hong Kong Disney. We never waited more than 5 minutes for anything, including Space Mountain.
(6) You don't need your glasses on the right way to enjoy the PhilHarmagic.
(7) I way underdressed in my J.Jill pants and tee. What I SHOULD have been wearing was a Madonna outfit circa Like a Virgin -- lacy tights, short tulle-type skirts, teased hair, high heels. I also needed one of those little tiny hats or a set of ears. That one, at least, I could remedy. There wasn't much I could do about the rest - I'd left my lacy tights and bustier at home this trip.
(8) I though *I* took a lot of pictures. I've got nothing on the tourists at Hong Kong Disney. Also, I think we are in a lot of those pictures, freakshows that we are.